Monday, June 23, 2008

Thing #8 Google Reader

I signed up w/ Google Reader and added national news, local news, and sports. This is really neat b/c you don't have to search for topics...it comes to you. I can use this in my classroom and personal life by staying on top of current affairs. Students love current affairs and it is a great way to have an awesome dialogue w/ students. Libraries can allow students to login into their student account and add Google Reader to their page...However, there needs to be some type of filter b/c we all know our students can tend to stay abreast on issues not appropriate for school.

2 comments:

mlw said...

I also signed up for Google Reader a week or so ago and have received notices about people that I knew years ago and some former students that I had lost touch with. Super!!

toughteacher said...

Cool...maybe I can come across some of my former kiddos!