Monday, July 7, 2008

Thing #12 Creating Community Through Blogging

Blogging can be very overwhelming and intimidating if you have never done it. Once you learn it, it is like riding a bike...really easy and can be fun...all you have to do is have an area of interest! I agree w/ the articles...make it meaningful. You want to sound sincere and in return have polite comments on your blog. Last thing you want is a "know it all" commenting...so keep comments real, polite and open-ended. It's just like our classrooms, we want a community dialogue going not one student dominating the entire discussion.

I too am a "lurker" unless I have something genuine and polite to say about the conversation. I view a ton of medical, sports and news blogs. Most of the time when I'm lurking it's b/c I want to quickly read "updates" on a topic. Having said that, when I do respond - which is quite often - I am very polite and sincere about my comments. The comments that I had to respond to were over 3 different medical issues and 2 were sports.

1 comment:

VWB said...

hope you have commented to other L2P 23 Things Players?