Monday, July 21, 2008

Thing #15 Library 2.0 and the future

As society changes so does education. This is another example of how education is changing. If we as teachers are going to stay abreast in our teaching then this is another tool that we need to adjust to. Technology is our future. Since I've graduated from college -which wasn't too long ago- technology has changed rapidly and will continue to change. During my high school research paper I had to do it the old way (going to the school/public library, pulling books, using note cards, etc.). This took a lot of time and frequent trips to the library. It would have made my life a lot easier if there was Library 2.0 back then. Library 2.0 is the library of the future. Students are already technologically advanced and this will keep students engaged in their learning/research. My favorite thing about Library 2.0 is that it eliminates trips to the library.

No comments: